Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I actually do still have a sewing machine...

But she's been feeling neglected with all the knitting that's going on. So the other day I was planning to go to visit my family for the day and I wanted to take some knitting with me.

But I couldn't have it rolling around in my purse or something, getting all unraveled and nubby and whatnot. So I needed to rectify that, right?

I whipped up this little cutie before breakfast, and then headed out for a mini road trip.

Untitled





I love how Charlotte totally photobombed this one. She burrowed under the maple quilt a few seconds later. This is definitely snuggling season!

Have you been doing any quickie sewing lately? Some instant gratification perhaps?


the deets:
Fabric: Sunnyside by Kate Spain
Pattern: Noodlehead's Open Wide Pouch
Sewn on my Bernina with Aurifil 2600 (the perfect gray that matches literally everything!)

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like how it opens up so wide to dig around for your goodies. I wish I could quickie sew pretties like that - I am pretty sure that would take me a zillion quickies haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag, I also have been using noodleheads open wide pattern to make bags for Christmas gifts. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your knitting bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Tis the season for quickies! Been making pencil pouches, little tissue holders, mug rugs, sunglasses cases, linen napkins, all kinds of quickies. With all the extra time to pour into sewing, it's much nicer to whip out 20 of each item to keep a nice stock on hand for the year...oh yeah, and minks backed baby wash clothes plus bibs ABs burp cloths too...you know how folks like to spit out kids all year long....and of course, the ongoing hexie addiction! I'm switching from hexie butterflies to hexie owls. So much fun! I love the Noodlehead style zipper and use it on all my zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quick or not, it looks very well made and so cute. LeeAnna Paylor lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this little pouch! I'm right there with you- I finished my last quilt right before Thanksgiving, and since then, I've done a ton of coasters and three pillows. There just hasn't been time for anything else!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO cute! I have been knitting--the Honey Cowl--the first time I have knitted anything on circular needles. I can't tell you how many mistakes I have made, but it's a "practice" one for me and the yarn is simply luscious. And variegated--so it hides most of the mistakes!

    ReplyDelete