Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snippets

I haven't been so good with the blogging lately, but I've been productive! In just the last couple days, I've...

...rearranged some stuff in the studio - now my bolts aren't too high for me to reach!

Untitled


...taken up knitting, thanks to an awesome Craftsy class. I used to knit, ages and ages ago, but it's been a looooong time. My mom was a sock knitter, and I'd love to be able to do that. But first I need to figure out the simple stuff. See how the edges started out all lumpy, and then I got the hang of it? Yay!


(PSA - if you wish you knew how your mom does something, makes a certain dish, or wish you knew random stories from her childhood, ask NOW. Believe me...)


...been distracted with some of this...



...finished the quilting on this quilt, now on to binding! I was hoping this one would be done before thanksgiving, but alas, that is not to be. But at least the binding is on now!



I also worked on some of my Skill Builder blocks, but haven't taken pictures yet. Save that for another day!

What have you been working on? Have you had project ADD like me lately?

11 comments:

  1. All these projects look like they are in great shape. The quilting on your Modern Maples looks fantastic! Those leaves are too cool, and the perfect design for this quilt. You are WELL on your way to warm socks, I think. What will you knit for your first project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! My first knitting attempt is a lace scarf that the craftsy class goes over. But I've already gotten stuff to make another scarf with different stitches. I know you're a knitter - have you done socks? Are they as scary as I think they are?

      Delete
  2. oh I especially love your Modern Maples! The background is so cool and the quilting - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bolts look so neat stacked up within reach. Love the Modern Maples quilt too, hope you find time to get it finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you have been busy - your Modern Maples is looking lovely. The more I see of these the more I think I need to do one. That 'one day' list never gets any smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! My to-do list gets longer every day too :-)

      Delete
  5. I have super project ADD! I love your modern maples :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have that same bookshelf! I will have to remember that is fit a bolt of fabric just perfect with a shelf up. Your modern maple looks great! Love the leaf layout and grey fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have been busy whilst not blogging.Not sure what projectADD is?

    ReplyDelete