Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Skill Builder BOM - catching up!

I've been taking the time since finishing California Dreamin to catch up on some of my Skill Builder BOM blocks.

The hold up was this one, originally....

Skill Builder BOM - catching up

This block is made of 64 HSTs. SIXTY FOUR. For a 12.5" block. You can't blame me for dreading it, right? But since I got my new toy, I figured I didn't have any more excuses. So it got done. Finally.

After that block was done, I got to play with some scraps.

What do you do when you don't have enough scraps in the right colors? Make more!

What do you do when you don't have enough scraps in the right colors? Make them!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Sorry that last picture is absolute crap. One of these days I'm going to get a real camera. And also not take pictures at 3am. One day...

16 comments:

  1. I just popped over from Freshly Pieced as the purples and turquoises in your picture caught my eye, the colours are gorgeous and I love Katie Spains Cuzco range and it's always nice to see how other have used it - this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your colors! And the last block really interested me. Maybe a good beginning for a baby quilt? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im in love with your colors, they are just perfect and love your little hsts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It is a real gem this last block!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty good picture for 3am!! I love what creativity comes out in the wee hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your colors! It looks like water in the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've decided I love everything you make!! New follower on over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color palette in both the skill builder block and the scrap block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and fabrics you used! Love the scrappy block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, love those purples and blue-greens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great, I think there's a lot of us that need to 'catch up'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is some serious skill building! you must be an expert now because they look great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, pretty! Love the palette and it definitely looks like some skill building going on over at your place:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These blocks are both gorgeous and I love the colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such pretty blocks, and I loooove the colors!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete