Thursday, February 14, 2013

House Tour - One year in.

It occurred to me that I haven't done a house tour since I closed on the house over a year ago. I still have a long way to go, I haven't even hung anything on the walls. But it's starting to feel like home (belatedly, see this post).

Here is the living room. The plants are mostly dead, I brought them in from the sunroom a little late in the season. The arrangement on the mantel hasn't changed much since I moved in.



Here is the view across from the sofa. I got that chair from Goodwill for $20! I still need to make a cushion for it...



This is the dining room. I've re-upholstered one of the four chairs. At least it's a start! The china cabinet was a consignment store find, for less than $100. I luuuurve it.



The kitchen. Absolutely nothing has changed.



Upstairs - my bedroom you've seen since I painted it. I love this color. I'm considering reprising it in the living room.



The studio! Also a space I've shared before. Also where I spend a good chunk of my time. You can tell from the earlier post how much more settled in I've gotten.







The guest room/office. It's still a catch-all for the crap I don't want to deal with.



Aaaaand the basement. Rarely used, lots of potential. Maybe the home of a long arm one day?? Haha I wish!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe some quilts on the walls? Maybe some small art quilt pieces, also on the walls?

    If the one chair in the dining room is the one that is visible, I'd get that project done soon. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the Goodwill chair! What a find!

    ReplyDelete